Origin of Life Chemistry interview with Bill Martin

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 3K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
12,709
This video is an interview of Bill Martin (Martin wikipedia link) (one of the godfathers of modern origin of life chemistry) by Jitender Kumar about several origin of life issues. He has a lot chemical knowledge and expresses it clearly.
Interesting to me, he places the formation of membranes much later in the process of cell assembly than Nick Lane would.
They also cover a lot of other origin of life issues.
I rate this video informative (:thumbup:).
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mattt, jim mcnamara, atyy and 2 others
Biology news on Phys.org
I found this video to be very informative. Bill Martin is clearly an expert on the subject, and his knowledge of chemistry shines through. I also found it interesting that he places the formation of membranes much later in the process of cell assembly than Nick Lane. They covered a lot of other origin of life issues as well. :thumbup: