Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other topics in Electrical Engineering?

1. Apr 20, 2007 #1
    So I'm pretty well finished with all of my 300 level courses. Basically, I've got all the basics. I was wondering if you guys think there is anything that is not usually taught that I should teach myself. I've got some free time this summer.

Any ideas?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

Designing Digital Filters, by Charles S. Williams is a fun and useful book.

Semiconductor Device Modeling with SPICE, edited by Antognetti and Massobrio is a very good book if you are interested in semiconductors.

High-Speed Digital Design, A Handbook of Black Magic, by Howard Johnson and Martin Graham is a very useful book if you are going to do much practical circuit deisign.

What areas of EE interest you the most? What kind of classes do you have coming up next year?
  4. Apr 20, 2007 #3
    Have you taken any probability courses that is geared towards EE? Probability can be very useful down the line.
  5. Apr 20, 2007 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

EE is a huge field. Do you have any particular interests? We could tailor our advice to those interests.

- Warren
  6. Apr 29, 2007 #5
    i recommend you to study the pcb layout using orcad ...i studied half the course it is so fun u can make pcb at ur house in 5 minutes using some stuff from radio shack and the ironing machine... try it
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?