Overtone Spectrum Analysis Software

In summary, the speaker is currently testing the overtone spectrum of various instruments and is in need of a freeware program that allows them to pause the playback at specific intervals for comparison. They have tried several programs but are still looking for suggestions. Another individual suggests "Sample Champion," which has a 30-day free trial period and can be found through a Google search. The speaker expresses gratitude and is currently exploring the program.
nmon
I'm currently testing the overtone spectrum of several instruments. I haven't been able to find a freeware program that's well suited to my needs. In particular, I would like to be able to pause the playback of each overtone spectrum at specific intervals in order to compare the instruments. I've tried Visual Analyzer, Soundcard Oscilloscope, and Zelscope. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has any suggestions for other freeware?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I believe "Sample Champion" does what you are looking for. It has a 30 day free trial period. Do a Google search to find it, the authors website, purebits.com, says 'New website is coming soon!', oh well...

The 30 day trial version is called SCTRIAL.EXE and available on many download sights. Again, a Google search using the file name finds it.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks! I'm perusing the program now and it looks promising.

What is overtone spectrum analysis software?

Overtone spectrum analysis software is a type of computer program that is used to analyze the spectrum of overtones in sound waves. It can identify the various frequencies present in a sound and visualize them in a graphical form.

How does overtone spectrum analysis software work?

The software works by taking in an audio signal and using mathematical algorithms to break down the sound into its component frequencies. It then displays this information in the form of a spectrum graph, with the frequencies on the x-axis and the amplitude on the y-axis.

What are the applications of overtone spectrum analysis software?

Overtone spectrum analysis software has many applications in various fields such as music production, acoustics, and speech analysis. It can be used to tune musical instruments, analyze room acoustics, and even diagnose voice disorders.

Is overtone spectrum analysis software difficult to use?

The difficulty level of using overtone spectrum analysis software can vary depending on the specific program. Some software may have a user-friendly interface and simple controls, while others may require more technical knowledge and expertise to operate.

Are there any limitations to overtone spectrum analysis software?

Like any software, overtone spectrum analysis software has its limitations. It may not be able to accurately analyze complex sounds with overlapping frequencies, and the results may be affected by external noise or interference. Additionally, the accuracy of the analysis is dependent on the quality of the audio input.