Palin is probably the nation's leading energy expert - McCain

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
MR. BROKAW: All right, we have a final question, if we can for you. In a recent interview with our affiliate in Portland, Maine, WCSH, John McCain was asked about Governor Palin and her national security credentials. Let's just share with you that exchange, if we can.

(Videotape)

Unidentified Reporter: What experience...

SEN. McCAIN: Sure.

Reporter: ...does she have in the field of national security?

SEN. McCAIN: Energy. She knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.

(End videotape)

MR. BROKAW: "More about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America." More about solar, more about wind, more about geothermal than the MIT scientists who are working on this initiative? Boone Pickens? Boone Pickens? Senator Al Gore? Do you think she knows more than any of those people do? [continued]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26702299/page/3/

Either McCain will say just about anything, or he is delusional. What more can be said?

Answers and Replies

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Either McCain will say just about anything, or he is delusional. What more can be said?
Looks to me like he has sold his soul.

What more can be said?

Wait a minute ... I'll think of something.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

If McCain said that, he is unfit to be president. I think he has lost his mind.

Palin is unfit for public office, and I hope the FBI launches a corruption investigation. Apparently there is plenty of evidence, and lots of witnesses.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Maybe Palin should drop him from the ticket.

Elections are all about timing a peak to election day. I think McCain has already peaked.

Last edited:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

Palin has a BA in journalism.
I think you initially correct about the BS, which does not mean baccalaureate.

Well, Alaska is under a bunch of oil........... Hey look, I can see Russia from my house.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Somewhat lost due to shock is the fact this is cited by McCain as her national security credential.

It is also possible that he is not delusional and believes what he says. Which would mean that he is incredibly ignorant. I haven't yet ruled out this possibility. He certainly isn't the brightest bulb in the box.

Last edited:

Somewhat lost due to shock is the fact this is cited by McCain as her national security credential.
She has also personally shot many terrorist grizzley bears.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

Maybe McCain is sabotaging the GOP ticket! Or he's just totally lost it.

I wonder how many real conservatives will leave the GOP. I've got to imagine people like Hagel are looking at this and wondering what the heck is going on.

Why can't the GOP put Hagel or someone like him up?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Maybe McCain is sabotaging the GOP ticket! Or he's just totally lost it.
More likely I think is that he is getting desperate to defend his inspired choice. It worked as a gimmick, but now it's time to pay the piper.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

She has also personally shot many terrorist grizzley bears.
I don't think she shoots grizzlies. They can fight back.

I think her hunting is for moose. About as dangerous as shooting a cow.

The bear skin in her office her Dad shot.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Why can't the GOP put Hagel or someone like him up?
Apparently because the GOP has been hijacked by the Ralph Reed/Karl Rove extremists that want to use power to spread their brand of moralism, even if it means subverting the Constitution.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Drill, baby, drill!

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I am waiting to see if this week changes anything.

McCain seems to be trying to keep blowing Palin's bubble bigger and bigger everyday to distract everyone from real issues. Eventually the bubble will burst. Maybe this week, or maybe the next. Maybe not until her debate with Biden, but trust me, that bubble will burst.

-Bubble analogy thanks to Chuck Todd at NBC.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

I don't think she shoots grizzlies. They can fight back.

The bear skin in her office her Dad shot.
I also don't think she shoots grizzlies. You usually don't shoot grizzlies, anyway. You shoot your friend in the kneecap. You never want to be the slowest person in the group when you're being chased by a grizzly.

Moose are a little bit http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/moose/story/367277.html [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters
Mentor
So no consideration for the third option? The reason Guiliani gave?

I feel the love in here. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling watching you guys getting antsy over the current polling situation. Very enjoyable. Not worthy of remaining an open thread in a serious forum, but entertaining, nonetheless.

I think you initially correct about the BS, which does not mean baccalaureate.

Thats for sure.

Palin Attended 4 Colleges in 5 Years to Earn Diploma
The Republican vice-presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, had a much more diverse experience in higher education than has been previously reported.

The Associated Press reported this afternoon that Ms. Palin, the first-term governor of Alaska, began her college career at Hawaii Pacific University, where she studied for one semester in the fall of 1982.

From there, she spent two semesters at North Idaho College, a two-year institution; two semesters at the flagship University of Idaho; one semester at Matanuska-Susitna College, a two-year campus of the University of Alaska at Anchorage; and her three final semesters back at the University of Idaho, where she completed her bachelor’s degree in journalism in 1987.
http://chronicle.com/news/article/5092/palin-attended-4-colleges-in-5-years-to-earn-diploma

This was also on MSNBC, so was the fact that she had her first child just eight months after she married. This in itself would be not be a big deal except that the Christian right keeps defending her. The, "she didn't have an abortion" line is only going to go so far.

As for Palin's energy expertise, McCain has either totally flipped or is like Bush and believes his own lies.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nu7Kjk_0Q

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Moose are a little bit http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/moose/story/367277.html [Broken].
I see. So the guy was wearing camouflage because he was hiding - to keep from getting stomped to death by a moose?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
So no consideration for the third option? The reason Guiliani gave?
That reason started out holding a wee bit of plausibility but ended up right square in la-la-land.
Giuliani said:
I think John was referring to elected officials. He, he would not be referring to Boone Pickens and certainly wouldn't be referring to nuclear scientists and people like that.
Palin doesn't even come anywhere near the kind of energy credentials that Republicans like Don Young and Pete Domenici have. There are at least a half dozen Republicans in Congress that know way more than Palin does about energy. And that's just Republicans.
Giulianin said:
I think he was talking about politicians and probably, in particular, the people involved in the race.
So, "anyone else in the United States of America" = three other people?

I feel the love in here. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling watching you guys getting antsy over the current polling situation. Very enjoyable. Not worthy of remaining an open thread in a serious forum, but entertaining, nonetheless.
PF is a serious forum. So, if this thread is not worthy of PF, it should be locked.

Last edited:

Ok, for that I personally revoke your right to speak. Moose are VERY dangerous, particularly females.