1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Parabolic Motion of a projectile

1. Jan 2, 2010 #1
    The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I'm trying to find a equation that will connect a object that is thrown to form a parabolic motion of a projectile. What I want to be able to sub it in is maxheight and displacement covered by the projectile

2. Relevant equations

I don't really know, maybe vi = vf + a*t?

3. The attempt at a solution

Went to google equations of it and some other sites, I won't list them all here because I searched almost all the sites.

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~vawter/PhysicsNet/Topics/Vectors/ProjectilesMotion.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2010 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So you want to be able to say simply it's maximum height and its distance covered and find out its initial velocity and direction? Or the other way around?

4. Jan 2, 2010 #3
    The maximum height and distance user inputted. Find initial velocity. Direction is calculated already.

5. Jan 2, 2010 #4
    Do you mean using R={v_i^2\sin2\theta_i\over g} and h={v_i^2\sin^2\theta_i\over 2g} to get v_i ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook