1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Partial Differential Equations book

1. Sep 16, 2008 #1
    Dear all,
    I'm interested in partial differential equations. I would like to find an introductory book with solutions methods of known mathematical phisycs equations, rigorous but no high-tech math, and one a more advanced in terms of math.

Do you have any text to recommend?

Thank you for your time and attention.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2008 #2
    Hower's Recommendation

Here is a link to the post, that was given as an answer to my question. Very similar to yours I think but I asked for some more maths as well. Basically Howers recommends
    This was though given as a suggestion to a science (Chemistry) oriented student. So you might be more of a mathematician not sure.
  4. Sep 16, 2008 #3
    It's worth noting that Boyce and DiPrima primarily covers ordinary differential equations, while the parent poster asked for a book on partial differential equations. One of the standard texts for a first course in partial differential equations is Applied Partial Differential Equations by Haberman.
  5. Sep 16, 2008 #4
    I second Haberman.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?