Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

People in Politics

1. less than 10%

2. 10% to 50%

3. 50% to 90%

4. more than 90%

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sep 24, 2004 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you come to PF just for the politics ? That would be quite unusual, yet there are some members I've seen posting in this section, but very rarely anywhere else...

What percentage of your posts would you say, are in the Politics section ?

And if you predominantly post only in Politics, why PF ?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2004 #2
    Including General Discussion posts and this post, I have 325. 23 (including this one) have been in the politics section. So that mean's 7.076923...% of my posts have been in this section.
  4. Sep 24, 2004 #3
    I came here to get some grand questions about the origin of the universe and matter/energy answered, but the answers were all to complex for me to undestand. Then I got really into Biology and started posting there alot, and now I mainly post here unless I just have a random curiosity about some science.
  5. Sep 24, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ummm...this is a little embarrassing, but I voted in the wrong section by mistake.

I'm actually at about 4%.
  6. Sep 24, 2004 #5
    Why would that be quite unusual?
    I am uneducated on many science subjects, but I love to read about them. So, I sit quietly reading all kinds of cool stuff that I will never do for a living, and I enjoy politics immensly :smile:
  7. Sep 24, 2004 #6
    URG, ok well delete this thread and start over. :tongue2:
  8. Sep 24, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought that might be the case with some. I was still curious if there are others that don't spend much time at the other sub-forums.

Actually, this thought was sparked by something I saw a couple days ago, for the first time : a post by you outside the Politics Section. That was when it first struck me that among those of you that I see posting only here, some might actually be spending time at the other forums, only not posting much.
  9. Sep 24, 2004 #8
    School started again, so I ask for the occasional help :eek: , but most of my time in the other forums is spent reading threads that have already reached their climax(typically months and months old). Quantum physics, relativity, high end biology. I don't have any interest in physics at a class room level (was always very boring to me in school), but it sure is cool to read how we sling shot spaceships around the solar system with no pressure of having to cough it back up for a test :biggrin:
  10. Sep 25, 2004 #9
    I used to converse in the physics forums, but everyone there has this thing for general relativity. You couldn't talk about a ball rolling down a plank without someone (usually someone that has only had a single course in the subject) attempting to explain the answer in terms of relativity.
  11. Sep 25, 2004 #10
    I post here at PF on the political part, though it is a minor part, because I assume that your subscribers are better educated then people on a lot of other forums.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?