How do famine victims cope with constant headaches?

• Medical
  • Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the effects of malnourishment and dehydration on the body, specifically in regards to headaches. The speaker shares their own experiences with headaches caused by poor eating habits and wonders how people who are malnourished can tolerate constant headaches for months. The conversation also touches on the physical effects of malnourishment and dehydration, including headaches, and provides resources for further information.
rootX
Do those people get constant headaches?

I have poor eating habits, and after some months I realized that if I don't eat on time/ (try to live on cup noodles), my headache starts. So, I thought if I can't bear my headache for more than 1 hour, if those people are feeling same how on Earth they can bear it for months!

Biology news on Phys.org
I've moved this to medical sciences since you seem to be asking what the physical problems are for people suffering from malnourishment.

Evo said:
I've moved this to medical sciences since you seem to be asking what the physical problems are for people suffering from malnourishment.

ook, thanks!

but, I was much more interested in understanding their pain ... and how they cope with it.

Last edited:

FAQ: How do famine victims cope with constant headaches?

1. What is famine and why does it occur?

Famine is a widespread and severe shortage of food, resulting in widespread hunger and starvation among a large population. It occurs when there is a lack of access to food due to various factors such as natural disasters, political instability, and economic issues.

2. How many people are currently suffering from famine?

According to the United Nations, there are currently over 821 million people suffering from hunger and malnutrition, with the majority of them living in developing countries in Africa and Asia.

3. What are the long-term effects of famine on individuals and communities?

Famine can have devastating long-term effects on individuals and communities. It can lead to malnutrition, weakened immune systems, and increased susceptibility to diseases. It can also hinder economic growth and development, leading to poverty and social unrest.

4. What are the most effective ways to help people suffering from famine?

The most effective ways to help people suffering from famine include providing emergency food aid, implementing sustainable agricultural practices, and promoting economic development in affected communities. It is also important to address the root causes of famine, such as conflict and climate change.

5. How can we prevent famine from occurring in the future?

To prevent famine in the future, it is crucial to address the underlying causes such as poverty, lack of access to resources, and political instability. Implementing policies that promote sustainable development and investing in disaster preparedness can also help prevent famine. Additionally, addressing global issues such as climate change and inequality can also contribute to preventing future famines.