Period of Vibration of Torsion Pendulum

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 10K views
Felicity Wang
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Given the period (T) and the moment of inertia (I), find the Torsion constant (K)
T= 1.32s
I= 0.0383 kgm^2

Homework Equations


image05.png


The Attempt at a Solution


The answer is K=0.8678, I'm not really sure how to get the answer, but I think it has to do with the units.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Felicity Wang said:

Homework Statement


Given the period (T) and the moment of inertia (I), find the Torsion constant (K)
T= 1.32s
I= 0.0383 kgm^2

Homework Equations


image05.png


The Attempt at a Solution


The answer is K=0.8678, I'm not really sure how to get the answer, but I think it has to do with the units.
That's a big equation! :-)

Are you at ease with algebra? You just need to plug in the values of T and I in the formula and then solve for K.
 
nrqed said:
That's a big equation! :-)

Are you at ease with algebra? You just need to plug in the values of T and I in the formula and then solve for K.
Haha just realized there was an error with my calculator. Thanks!