PhD in Liquid Crystal Physics (or Engineering)

• Schools
  • Thread starter shpongle
  • Start date
shpongle
Dear Forum member,

I want to pursue research in Liquid Crystal Physics / Engineering, are you aware of any laboratories or university departments actively researching in this field in Canada or Germany? I will be very if you are aware of active groups and share their names.

Thanks

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Dear Forum member,

I want to pursue research in Liquid Crystal Physics / Engineering, are you aware of any laboratories or university departments actively researching in this field in Canada or Germany? I will be very if you are aware of active groups and share their names.

Thanks
Since nobody else has responded yet, I'll throw out a suggestion...

The Society for Information Display (SID) has been very active over the years with Liquid Crystal research and applications (as well as many other display technologies). I was a member for several years, and really enjoyed going to their seminars and conferences. It looks like there is a Canadian chapter:

https://www.sid.org/chapters/americas/canada.aspx

Check them out and look for publications, etc., to see what schools some of their members are associated with. That may be a good way to get started in your searching...

berkeman
Mentor
So for unrelated reasons, @sphongle has requested that his account be deleted. So I'll go ahead and close this thread here.