Photon refers to radio waves or not?

In summary, the conversation discusses the definition of a photon and whether it refers to only visible light or all electromagnetic waves. The speaker mentions that the teacher in their high school physics class claimed that the photon only refers to visible light, but the speaker disagrees and states that a photon can be applied to any part of the electromagnetic spectrum. They also mention that a photon can be considered a packet of energy with negligible mass and that if they were traveling fast enough, they could see radio waves glowing due to the Doppler effect. The speaker expresses gratitude for the clarification and reassures themselves that they are not "stupid" after all.
poopoo
photon refers to radio waves or not? the definition of photon refers the photon as the quantum of the electromagnetic field , however on the courses of physics(high school) when i said that, the teacher claimed that I'm wrong and photon refers only to visible light. who was wrong and why?thank you.

Science news on Phys.org

hello poopoo.The word photon can be applied to any part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

photon can be consider as packet of energy with negligible mass.

photon not only refer to visible light, but also to all electromagnetic wave.

If i was traveling fast enough i could see the radio waves start to glow , because of the Doppler effect.

thanks to all.this is exactly what i wanted.i'm not so stupid ata ll.

1. What is a photon?

A photon is a fundamental particle that makes up electromagnetic radiation, including radio waves.

2. How are photons related to radio waves?

Radio waves are a type of electromagnetic radiation that are composed of photons.

3. Do photons actually refer to radio waves?

Yes, photons are the smallest unit of energy that make up all forms of electromagnetic radiation, including radio waves.

4. Can photons be detected as radio waves?

Yes, radio telescopes can detect photons in the form of radio waves.

5. Are photons the only particles that make up radio waves?

No, photons are not the only particles that make up radio waves. Other particles, such as electrons, can also contribute to the formation of radio waves.