1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics books beyond gr 12 physics

1. Dec 5, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone!

I really like physics from what I've seen so far, and I'd love to try some on my own to see if it's something I'm interested in possibly pursuing. I am planning on going into computer science, but this is something that I feel I should try.

Are there any books that would be good representations of more "real" physics, in my attempt to see if this is something I truly like, for someone who has done grade 12 university physics (In Canada)?

Thank you!

Anele

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2014 #2

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Dec 5, 2014 #3
    Thank you!! Looks great!

5. Dec 5, 2014 #4
    Should I be getting the "Extended Edition" or the "Chapters 1-20" version of the above book by Halliday and Resnick?
    Thanks!

6. Dec 5, 2014 #5

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Well the next level of physics would be something like Quantum Mechanics or Classical Mechanics. You could watch some online courses from MIT to get an idea or you could read Prof Susskind's recent books from the Theoretical Minimum series on Quantum Mechanics and Classical Mechanics. They would require you to be familiar with Calculus at least but would introduce you to the least action principle and other cool things.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted