1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics E and M study book recommendations please

1. Jun 5, 2009 #1
    Hello,

I am taking a physics course at community college this summer to (as I thought originally) to get a head start into Electrical Engineering at my main college, and unfortunately it is not going well. The teacher is not good at all and I am relying heavily on myself to somehow just get the homework done. Of course, I am studying the textbook heavily, but I am absolutely stuck on most problems. The main thing is that I am having trouble grasping the concepts amidst all the calculus that is being thrown at me by my textbook, so I was wondering if you could give me some recommendations on a book that explains things clearly and concisely, much like the AP Advantage prep book for the mechanics portion of the AP Physics C exam. Or any other resources to help me basically self study this course would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2009 #2
    You may try out Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J Griffiths...

4. Jul 3, 2009 #3

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Too advanced....

The question that needs to be asked is what text are you using right now. Then we can suggest texts at the same level that might be clearer in their exposition.

5. Jul 3, 2009 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Mar 10, 2010 #5
    Berkeley course by Ed purcell will be a good choice to study. Griffiths is a bit advance text. But if you want to start from scratch, then study Halliday resnick krane.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook