1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics or Electrical Engineering

1. Mar 30, 2010 #1
    I am in serious dilemma what to choose. I work as software profession till now for 5 yrs and I am already 30 yrs old.Lately I was thinking going back to school and apply for EE(signal procession or communication or RF) for phd. I got admission on them too but I am least interested onto it though I did my bachelor in electronics and telecom engineering.Here in US I did MS in CS some 5 yrs back.I really wanted to do phd before I become too old to do it.Now having family with 2 kids and me only source of income,it is tough but I am determine to do against all odds.
    Now my question is I am more interested in Physics(theoretical or mathematical) and I dream of having phd in physics in my belt but I don't have enough background on both physics and math except what they used to teach in engineering.So, should I go and complete my phd in EE where I will probably be around 35+ by then and latter part of my life just take physics as hobby? OR should I go for MS in mathematics and then latter phd in physics which will add more couple of year to it.
    I saw couple of resume floating in internet where they did Bachelor in EE and did MS and phd in Physics.So, I know this seems possible but at what cost? Somebody wrote do what you like and here I am in complete dilemma state as what to do?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2010 #2
    Sorry folks for asking some stupid question. I should have seen earlier threads before putting this question. I see lot of threads similar to mine. I think I know what I wanted to do now.Thx..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook