Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Theories of Stage Lighting?

1. May 6, 2012 #1
    For my physics class, we are doing a large project for our finals. I wanted to do mine on dealing with stage lighting (theatre). I tried googling and doing some research, but couldn't find much. Does anyone know any theories related to the physics of stage lighting?

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Which aspect of stage lighting? The actual lights? The mechanical construction of the supporting frame or lights? Have you read the wikipedia articles on light or optics?

4. May 7, 2012 #3
    I did my stage lighting final project on color mixing, perception, and pigments/makeup...
    Is that to physiological to be physics? I also considered, but rejected, the idea of doing my psychology of perception final using polarizers and filters that were either narrow band or multi-band (say a narrow yellow vs one that passes only red and green...).

Might be some double slit interference patterns you could do too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook