1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics velocity acceleration and force -- Project

1. Sep 24, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    We did two trials she didn't really go over it. first trial (1m, 1.50 seconds), (1.30m, 2.00 seconds) (1.5, 3.22); second trial (1m, 1.45), (1,30m, 2.03), (1m, 1.46) The mass of the weighted object is 50 and 200 g for the one in the car. We measured how far the toy truck traveled and the time till the end of the board. I'm thinking I should be trying to solve for the acceleration, but idk if thats what shes asking for

2. Relevant equations
    V=d/t, A=V/t, and at=v, f=ma

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2015 #2
    Yeah and with that description I have no idea what you're asking either. Good luck.

4. Sep 25, 2015 #3
    We are supposed to do graphs on excel i guess and yeah i don't know which equation i'm supposed to start with. There are two velocity equations, the teacher mentioned using the graphs to determine the acceleration. So i have no clue. LOL. We are supposed to end with the Force equation.

5. Sep 25, 2015 #4
    We are supposed to have three graphs one with distance vs time, velocity vs. time, acceleration vs. time. But there are two Velocity equations..... :( idk

6. Sep 25, 2015 #5

billy_joule

Science Advisor

It's still not clear what you did.

It sounds like there was a pulley and a hanging weight ('the weighted object') ? Draw a labelled diagram of the experimental set up.

7. Sep 28, 2015 #6
    We have to find the slope (Acceleration) and compare it to the F=ma equation. And the measurements that I'm getting are different. I'm guessing I messed up on the calculations.. :(

8. Sep 28, 2015 #7

billy_joule

Science Advisor

Maybe.
    We'll never know unless you explain what you did and what you are trying to do.

this post still applies:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted