Please give me some advisory about the QFT book of Grensing.

• Quantum
  • Thread starter nguyendung
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Qft
In summary, the conversation is about finding a book on QFT to read after finishing Weinberg's books. The person is struggling with Weinberg's difficult books and is seeking advice. Suggestions are given for more introductory books on QFT, including Schwartz's new book and Ryder's book. However, there are some concerns about typos and conceptual inaccuracies in Peskin and Schroeder's book.
nguyendung
Please give me some advisory about the book: Structural aspects of QFT and Noncommutative Geometry of Gerhard Grensing. I am reading QFT book of Weinberg and I have no idea to continue to read which book in QFT after finishing the Weinberg's books.

Physics news on Phys.org
P.S I feel the QFT books of Weinberg are difficult!

Then you should read a more introductory book on QFT. My favorite at the moment is the pretty new book by Schwartz. Another good one is Ryder and (with some caveats concerning a lot of typos and conceptual inaccuracies) Peskin&Schroeder.

I don't know any better book than Weinberg's on that matter yet.

1. What is the difficulty level of the QFT book by Grensing?

The QFT (Quantum Field Theory) book by Grensing is considered to be an intermediate level textbook. It assumes a basic understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity, but does not require advanced mathematical knowledge.

2. What topics are covered in the QFT book by Grensing?

The book covers a range of topics in quantum field theory, including the quantization of scalar, spinor, and gauge fields, Feynman diagrams, renormalization, and the Standard Model of particle physics.

3. Is the QFT book by Grensing suitable for self-study?

Yes, the book can be used for self-study, but it is recommended to have a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and equations before starting. The book also includes exercises and solutions to aid in self-study.

4. Are there any prerequisites for reading the QFT book by Grensing?

A basic understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity is recommended before reading the QFT book by Grensing. Some knowledge of classical mechanics and electrodynamics may also be helpful.

5. What sets the QFT book by Grensing apart from other textbooks on the subject?

Grensing's QFT book is known for its clear and concise explanations, as well as its extensive use of examples and exercises to reinforce understanding. It also includes a chapter on the Standard Model, which is not covered in many other introductory QFT textbooks.