1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me, Determine the Magnitude & Location of the Resultant for

1. Oct 13, 2009 #1
    Please help me, "Determine the Magnitude & Location of the Resultant for....

Hi, I need some help understanding how to do this type of problem, I attached a digital picture version of the problem.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Determine the Magnitude and Location of the Resultant for the Load System shown:

^That's what they want, please help me.

The visual representation is in the attachment.

This is as far as I get in this problem,

W= (8KN/m) 6m= 48Kn

R= Summation FY=

Summation MA=

X bar=

I have no idea what to do next

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2009 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Re: Please help me, "Determine the Magnitude & Location of the Resultant for....

If you have a digital camera, why not use that?

4. Oct 13, 2009 #3
    Re: Please help me, "Determine the Magnitude & Location of the Resultant for....

Ok the updload is done, the STATICS PROBLEM.jpg is the actual Digital Picture, sorry for going in a maze over this, I feel so stupid right now:shy:, let me clean up the first post.......

5. Oct 14, 2009 #4

Help please, I need to know how to do these problems, it isn't a Homework its just an exercise for my brain. If I can see the process of how it is done, then I can understand it and put it to use, If I see a process it sticks in my mind forever.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  6. Oct 14, 2009 #5

Can someone help please

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook