Please Is there a clear answer to these questions

• Thread starter m_s_a
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the comparison between two complex numbers, z=2+3i and w=1-5i, and the meaning of the absolute value of a complex number. It is also mentioned that the field of complex numbers is not an ordered field. There is a question about finding the limit of a complex function, but the context and meaning of the question is unclear.
m_s_a
suppose z=2+3i , w=1-5i
1)make Compare between z,w

2)find z!

3)IzI=sqart root (z^2)
or IzI=sqart root(zz')
IzI=sqart root (z^2)=sqart root(zz')

4) Compare between 1,i

5) i!=?

Physics news on Phys.org
Where is your attempt at a solution?

m_s_a said:
suppose z=2+3i , w=1-5i
1)make Compare between z,w
What does this mean?

1. What do you mean by "compare"? Find the difference? Absolute value of difference?

2. Is "!" supposed to be the factorial? It's only defined for positive integers, not complex numbers.

3. If, by ', you mean "complex conjugate", then [itex]|z|= \sqrt{zz'}[/itex] which is NOT the same as [itex]\sqrt{z^2}[/itex] unless z is real.

HallsofIvy said:
1. What do you mean by "compare"? Find the difference? Absolute value of difference?

I mean
Z<W OR W<Z

Thank you for assistance

PLEASE:
What is the meaning of the fifth question?

Attachments

• 5.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 185
Please answer

The question being asked is:

5. Suppose f(z) = 3xy + i(x-y^2). Find lim{z -> 3+2i} of f(z), or explain carefully why it does not exist.

I am guessing that z=x+iy. I.e. z=3+2i means x=3 and y=2. However, this makes the question rather easy, just plugging in x=3 and y=2 into the given expression. If they mean something else I don't know what that is.

m_s_a said:
I mean
Z<W OR W<Z

I am unaware of any definition of "less than" or "greater than" concerning complex numbers.

HallsofIvy said:

m_s_a said:
I mean
Z<W OR W<Z

Thank you for assistance
Neither. The field of complex numbers is NOT an "ordered field".

Defennder
HallsofIvy
Redbelly98
HallsofIvy

Thank you very much
Thank's alot

1. What is the purpose of this question?

The purpose of this question is to seek clarification or further information on a topic that may be unclear or confusing to the person asking.

2. Is there a definitive answer to this question?

It depends on the question being asked. Some questions may have clear and straightforward answers, while others may have multiple perspectives or no clear answer at all.

3. Can I find the answer to this question through research?

It is possible to find answers to many questions through research, but some questions may require personal experience or expert knowledge to fully understand and answer.

4. Why should I care about the answer to this question?

The answer to a question may provide valuable information or insights that can help you make informed decisions or better understand a topic. It can also satisfy your curiosity and expand your knowledge.

5. How can I determine if the answer to this question is accurate?

The accuracy of an answer can be determined through various methods, such as fact-checking, consulting reliable sources, or seeking the opinion of experts in the field.