Please verify my answer to this question about the domain

• Thread starter abdv17
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Domain
In summary, for a general n, the domain of the function ln^(n)(x) is the set of all real x greater than e^(e^...^e^e), where there are n-2 terms in the parentheses. The logarithm goes from x>e to the original domain, and to the domains of the iterations. The function ln^(n)(x) is equal to the power tower of n exponents of e.
abdv17
Homework Statement
Find the natural domain of the function ln composed with itself n times.
Relevant Equations
ln(x) is defined only for x>0.
For n=1 (ln(ln(x))), the domain is the set of all real x>1 ;
for n=2, the domain is the set of all real x>e ;
for n=3, the domain is the set of all real x>e^e ;
for n=4, the domain is the set of all real x>e^(e^e)
...Thus, for a general n the domain is the set of all real x greater than e^(e^...^e^e) ,where there are n-2 terms in the parentheses.
(Sorry if this is confusing, I'm still trying to figure out LATEX.)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You should first figure out from where to where the logarithm goes: from to get the original domain, to because these are the domains of the iterations. Which values can you feed the logarithm with?

Then try to figure out what ##\log^n(x)## does.

And by the way, ##\log^1(x)=\log(x)##.

Here is explained how you can type formulas on PF: https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

What does it mean to verify an answer?

To verify an answer means to check and confirm that it is correct and accurate. This can be done through various methods such as experimentation, research, or peer review.

Why is it important to verify answers in science?

Verifying answers is crucial in science because it ensures the validity and reliability of the information being presented. It also allows for the detection of any errors or biases, which can greatly impact the credibility of the findings.

What are some common ways to verify answers in science?

Some common methods to verify answers in science include conducting experiments, analyzing data, replicating results, and seeking peer review from other scientists in the field.

How can I verify my own answers in science?

One way to verify your own answers in science is to double-check your methods and calculations. It can also be helpful to seek feedback from others or to consult with experts in the field.

What should I do if I am unsure about the accuracy of my answer?

If you are unsure about the accuracy of your answer, it is best to seek help from a mentor or colleague. You can also conduct further research or experimentation to gather more evidence and verify your answer.