• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Possbile to get a B.S in 3 years

Oh yeah, I don't mean without some break, a little food, some stretching, and a ready supply of water, and don't forget the bathroom... o:)

oksanav said:
I just have one question. For those of you who managed to take so many hours, you didn't work did you? Tell me you didn't.
No, not paid work. But I would have liked to have been paid for my school work, that's for sure. :smile:

I underachieved pretty hard during the regular semesters, so I didn't come out a net overachiever either.

I think that, in order to learn math all day, you have to, in at least some sense, see the bulk of mathematical work as "obvious." Maybe just in the way that the simple steps of moving from A = B = C = D and so on by certain standards and procedures should strike a "duh" chord alongside another one that says, "okay... now what?" And at that point you should expect to learn something that you also already knew at some deep unrecognized level, except that now you recognize it.

Too few small steps always left me feeling like nothing had been said, with the uncomfortable feeling that I had just learned absolutely nothing. Over time that feeling can be genuinely agonizing. Tightly spaced summer courses deflated some of that.

Last edited:
oksanav said:
For those of you who managed to take so many hours, you didn't work did you? Tell me you didn't.
Just for your disappointment. During the semester that I took 31 credits, I worked about 20 hours a week. I grew up in a country that you must work at least 70 hours a week, so it was nothing to me.

leon1127 said:
Just for your disappointment. During the semester that I took 31 credits, I worked about 20 hours a week. I grew up in a country that you must work at least 70 hours a week, so it was nothing to me.
Wow. What country? And this wasn't a summer semester, was it? How many weeks?

I know what you mean about requiring an intensive environment. Not necessarily a stressful one. Just one that demands focus.

Last edited:
I do understand what you're saying about summer courses, I just need a break at some point. If it were up to me, I'd take a bunch of summer courses and just take it easy in fall. I always get artsy fartsy in fall, but in summer I'm studious. Plus, there's no time to forget anything before the tests!

Mickey said:
Wow. What country? And this wasn't a summer semester, was it? How many weeks?

I know what you mean about requiring an intensive environment. Not necessarily a stressful one. Just one that demands focus.
That was in US. it was the last spring semester.

I mean, what country did you grow up in?