Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post Buckling Analysis in ANSYS

1. Jun 4, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to use ANSYS to calculate the reaction force in the edge of a buckled thin plate. (One edge is constrained and the other edge is displaced).

According to what I read in the Help Documentation, the study should be done in Static Structural, and a stabilization option should be set appropriately. My question is, do I have to involve also the buckling module and how should I do this? I only get Error messages so far.

If someone is familiar to this kind of study I would be grateful to have some advice.

Regards, Vaggelis

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jun 14, 2016 #3

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This sounds like a problem that would be performed in multiple load steps. The first step would be to induce buckling in the plate using a series of appropriate forces, followed by a second load step which suppresses these forces and applies a fixed condition to the edge you're interested in.

Does this make sense? Are you familiar with setup of multiple load step problems?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted