1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post-Graduate Study for Career in Nuclear Fusion?

1. Oct 16, 2014 #1
    Hi, I'm in my final year at an Australian high school and I plan on completing at Bachelors in Science Majoring in Physics as my undergraduate course. My career aspiration is one day work researching nuclear fusion, though I am happy to work with fission reactors, they're just not my first choice.

I'm wondering exactly what courses I should be considering for Post-Graduate study, I plan to move to the UK as my father in English, and its where i want to live and work, can anyone help me?

I have found a lot PhD's referring to plasma and laser interaction and they seem to be along the lines of what I'd need, but i just thought I'd get a second opinion so i know where i need to be heading.

Thank you for your help,
    D.A.Elsome

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2014 #2

wukunlin

Gold Member

Which uni are you going to (or applying for)? Generally the course handbooks should show the courses relevant to the branch of physics you are interested in. If they don't make sense to you I'm sure your department advisers are more than happy to help you.

If you are considering post grad studies overseas, a good way is familiarize with department staff with similar research studies and build a good relationship with them. They should have research partners they have worked with overseas including UK

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook