Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Power Electronics Book with DIY Projects

1. Oct 29, 2016 #1
    I am a recent Electrical Engineering grad specializing in Power Systems. Are there any books with DIY projects relating to Power Electronics? I would like to do some projects that I will be able to put on my resume so employers will see that I have hands-on experience.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2016 #2
    Does it have to be a book? There's a lot of articles on the net about building your own e-bike, e-skateboard, or e-scooter. If you design and build the speed controller yourself it's a good way to demonstrate skills in motor controls. Plus it's a fun project and you get something useful out of it.

4. Oct 29, 2016 #3
    That's true, I'll look into some projects I can find online. Also, since I specialized in Power Systems, would it be good for me to do some projects relating to high power audio amplifiers? Or should I stick to power electronics projects since it relates to my specialization. Although I didnt specialize in microelectronics, I would hope that entry-level positions wouldn't be too specific when hiring potential candidates.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted