Which Course Should I Take Next for Aerospace Engineering Preparation?

• Courses
  • Thread starter lilleybc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coursework
If you want to focus on engineering courses, I would suggest taking Analog Circuits, as it directly relates to computer engineering and may be helpful for aerospace engineering. However, if you want to diversify your course load, Quantum Mechanics could also be a valuable course to take. Public Speaking may also be beneficial, but it ultimately depends on the specific requirements of the engineering school you plan to transfer to. It would be best to consult with an advisor for further guidance. In summary, you should contact an advisor to determine which courses will transfer and best prepare you for aerospace engineering, but taking Analog Circuits or Quantum Mechanics could be helpful in your studies.
lilleybc
So I will probably transfer to an engineering school for next fall, but in the mean time I want to take the best classes I can to prepare. I am taking Linear Algebra and already had Diff. Eqns.

Out of:

Analog Circuits (a computer engineering course)
Quantum Mechanics (a physics course)
Public Speaking (I haven't had any yet and I think most schools expect it for engineers.)

Which would be most helpful? I am looking at aerospace engineering probably. I will take any suggestions if my school offers the class.

Thanks,
Ben

Physics news on Phys.org
What you need to do is contact an advisor at the school your interested in. See what courses will transfer and what you can prepare for. You can also decide on classes by the schools curriculum on aerospace engineering--I am sure they have a website you can visit.

It sounds like you have the mathematics covered so far.

I can understand your desire to prepare for your future engineering studies by taking the best courses available to you. It seems that you have a good foundation in mathematics with your current coursework in Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. In terms of the three courses you mentioned, I would recommend Quantum Mechanics as the most helpful for your future studies in aerospace engineering. This course will provide you with a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of physics, including the behavior of matter at a microscopic level. This knowledge will be invaluable in your future engineering courses, as many engineering principles are based on fundamental physical laws. Additionally, Quantum Mechanics will also help you develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential for any scientist or engineer. Public Speaking may also be helpful, as effective communication is important in any field. However, I would suggest prioritizing Quantum Mechanics as it directly relates to your chosen field of study. Best of luck in your future studies!

1. What is pre-engineering coursework?

Pre-engineering coursework refers to the classes and subjects that are taken by students who are interested in pursuing a degree in engineering. These courses provide a foundation in math, science, and other technical skills that are necessary for success in an engineering program.

2. What subjects are typically included in pre-engineering coursework?

Pre-engineering coursework usually includes classes in math, such as calculus, algebra, and trigonometry. It also includes science courses like physics and chemistry, as well as classes in computer science and engineering principles.

3. Is pre-engineering coursework required for admission into an engineering program?

It depends on the specific program and university. Some engineering programs may require pre-engineering coursework as a prerequisite, while others may allow students to complete these courses during their first year of study.

4. Can I take pre-engineering coursework in high school?

Yes, many high schools offer pre-engineering courses as part of their curriculum. These courses can help prepare students for college-level engineering coursework and give them a head start in their academic journey towards becoming an engineer.

5. How can pre-engineering coursework benefit me in my future career as an engineer?

Pre-engineering coursework provides a strong foundation in math, science, and technical skills, which are essential for success in the field of engineering. These courses also introduce students to engineering principles and concepts, giving them a better understanding of what to expect in their future studies and careers.