1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Principal of Superposition + Maxwell Reciprocal Theorem

1. Apr 8, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

[​IMG]

2. Relevant equations

Using Compatibility Equation & Prinicipal of Superpositon to find Reaction force at C.
    Using Principal of Superposition and Maxwell Reciprocal Theorem, to find out Reaction force at C. State experiment procedures.

3. The attempt at a solution

I know there are 3 unknown forces Ra,Rb and Rc. and only 2 equilibirum equations of Rotational and Vertical/Horizontal. But ive no idea how to attempt to find the compatibility equation, any tips? I know that principal of superpostion means that when u clamp 1 side and put 2 different forces with 2 different deflections, u add them up and that is the defelection for the force added from the 2 difference forces. But how am i suppose to find the reaction force at C when the sides are not even clamped?

Help help help! i really dont know where to start with and how to solve this problem. any tips will be greatly appreicated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2007 #2

radou

Homework Helper

Are you familiar with the force method? There is a tutorial on it in the Math & Science Tutorials section.

4. Apr 8, 2007 #3

thanks for replying. may i know where is the tutorial? i cant seem to find it. Do you mind eleborating on the force method? Thanks =)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?