himanshu121 said:
After revolvin it.. u fire!
in which case u have higher probability of bullet being fired in the first shot!
It seems that the OP is not a native speaker of English. Therefore it is pedantic to adhere to the exact wording of the puzzle. Rather we should try to derive the underlying meaning. None the less, I point out that given one interpretation of the wording here, the probability is 1 in both cases. The reason I say so is that when you pull the trigger of a gun that has some empty chambers, it may not shoot. If we continue to pull the trigger until the gun shoots, then certainly a bullet will fire. Now, in a less pedantic mode, I reword the puzzle to what I think it means (well anyway, with LESS ambiguity):
You have a revolver with 6 chambers. Consider the following two cases:
1) There are 3 bullets in 3 contiguous chambers, the other 3 chambers being empty.
2) There are 3 bullets in 3 chambers, not necessarily contiguous, the other 3 chambers being empty.
In either case, you spin the cylinder and then engage it and pull the trigger. In which case do you have higher probability of a bullet being fired?
If this is the meaning of the puzzle, and I think it is the most likely and most interesting meaning, then I don't know the answer to it. The math part is easy and way too obvious. However, there may be some aspect of the operation of revolvers that alters the probability. I assume that is why the puzzle was posed.