Probability of Sum in 3-Side Die: Answers Needed!

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter encapuchado
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Probability Sum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
encapuchado
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've looking in the internet but I can't find a straight answer.

The problem is this:

Suppose we have a 3-side die (faces marked 0, 1, and 2).

Are there general formulas to answer questions such as:

a) "After throwing the die 100 times, get the probability of the sum being 120"?
b) "After throwing the die 100 times, get the probability of the sum being greater or equal to 120"?

Any help is appreciated.


P.S. This is not homework, I'm too old to be a student ;-)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw the message and he/she doesn't have a complete answer.