Probelm with modeling a triangle

In summary, the conversation is about modeling a triangle in a square cell based on its dimension. The speaker is encountering problems with parts of their code and suspects it may be due to the logic behind their programming or over definition. They have attached their MATLAB code and the definition of the cell for reference. They express a desire for additional help and ask if there is any more information they can provide.
tomallan
Hi,
i am trying to model a triangle in a square cell based on its dimension. However, i have some problem with parts of the code, i think it might be the logic behind my programming or over definition with the code itself.

i have attached the code. the problem lies with the second half of the triangle. I have also attached the basis of my analysis. the problem lies between -s/2 to s/2 of the code. Any hints about the wrong logic of my code or over definition will be appreciated. the cell is a square dimension with 2r1x2r1 dimension.

I have attached the MATLAB code and the definition of the cell if you are interested.

Attachments

• triangle_90_deg_surface_step_bottom.m
    7.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 20140901_011337158_iOS.jpg
    20140901_011337158_iOS.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 434
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What is the problem with modeling a triangle?

The main problem with modeling a triangle is that it is a 2D shape that is being represented in a 3D space. This can lead to distortions and inaccuracies in the model.

2. How can these distortions and inaccuracies be minimized?

To minimize distortions and inaccuracies, it is important to use precise measurements and calculations in the modeling process. Additionally, using specialized software or tools designed specifically for 2D to 3D modeling can help create more accurate representations.

3. Are there any limitations to modeling a triangle?

Yes, there are limitations to modeling a triangle. One limitation is that a triangle can only have three sides and three angles, which may not be enough to accurately represent a complex shape or object.

4. Can a triangle be modeled in 3D space?

Yes, a triangle can be modeled in 3D space. However, as mentioned earlier, this may lead to distortions and inaccuracies. It is important to carefully consider the purpose and accuracy needed for the model before attempting to create a 3D representation of a triangle.

5. How can the accuracy of a triangle model be verified?

The accuracy of a triangle model can be verified by comparing it to known measurements or using mathematical calculations to check the angles and proportions of the triangle. Additionally, getting feedback from other experts or conducting physical experiments can also help verify the accuracy of the model.