Problem acceleration force vs. gravity

The compass is dropped from the balloon at a height of 2 meters and the question is when will it hit the ground.In summary, the question involves a balloon with a constant upward velocity of 15 m/s and a compass dropped from it at a height of 2 meters. The problem is to determine when the compass will hit the ground, using an equation involving the acceleration force of the balloon and gravity (9.8 m/s^2).
nijmeijer91
urgent problem acceleration force vs. gravity

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I got a problem in my last physics class I am having some trouble with.

A balloon goes straight up with 15m/sec.

After the balloon went up 2m sb. drops a compass.

But the balloon still goes up and doesn't stop.

So the question is when (time) does the compass hit the bottom.

So you probably need to have a equation with the acceleration force of the rising balloon and the gravity (9.8m/square second).

Hope somebody can help me.

Thank you very much.

Physics news on Phys.org

The way I interpret the question, it is a constant 15 m/s velocity for the balloon.

Related to Problem acceleration force vs. gravity

What is problem acceleration force?

Problem acceleration force refers to the force that is applied to an object to cause it to accelerate or change its speed. It can be a push or a pull and is measured in Newtons (N).

What is the difference between problem acceleration force and gravity?

The main difference between problem acceleration force and gravity is that problem acceleration force is a specific force that is applied to an object to cause it to accelerate, while gravity is a force of attraction between two objects with mass.

How do you calculate problem acceleration force?

To calculate problem acceleration force, you need to know the mass of the object in kilograms (kg) and the acceleration in meters per second squared (m/s^2). The formula for calculating problem acceleration force is F = ma, where F is the force in Newtons, m is the mass in kilograms, and a is the acceleration in meters per second squared.

What is the relationship between problem acceleration force and mass?

The relationship between problem acceleration force and mass is that the greater the mass of an object, the greater the force needed to accelerate it. This is because a heavier object has more inertia and requires more force to overcome it and change its speed.

What is the relationship between problem acceleration force and acceleration?

The relationship between problem acceleration force and acceleration is that the greater the acceleration of an object, the greater the force needed to cause that acceleration. This is because a larger acceleration means a larger change in speed over a shorter period of time, requiring a greater force to achieve it.