1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with compressor

1. May 10, 2016 #1
    I got a new pressure switch and installed it over the weekend. When I turned it on it worked well, and filled up the tanks, however once it turned off air started to leak out of the back of the unloader valve. Have you seen this happen before and do you have any suggestions?

Also, can I use an adjustable pressure switch with my compressor? If yes, what brand is best?

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2016 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It sounds like the pressure switch was installed incorrectly or was defective. I'm not really able to give any more specific feedback without more detailed information about the design particulars.

4. May 27, 2016 #3
    I guess, the one you got is defective or not properly installed. Did you ask somebody to check it ? By the way, there are different types of pressure switches. It may also varies in size, model and make. I suggest you try searching for manufacturers of adjustable pressure switches and directly inquire to them.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. May 29, 2016 #4
    I thought all is well after I installed and bought the new pressure switch. So, I threw the manual including the box and now I have no way on how I can check the brand and model. What I did is asked someone to come in our house and help me out. Yes, he said I need to look for “Adjustable Air Compressor” to help fix the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted