Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Problems with velocity-time graphs

1. Jan 11, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    There are many variables and many questions, I'd just like to know how to go about it because I can't seem to understand the teacher and he's always in the way when he writes down equations, also hes a bit sporadic when it comes to giving us notes, jumping from subject to subject.

- Need formula for displacement on a velocity-time graphs and where (and how) i find the variables

- Need formula for instantaneous velocity from a velocity-time graph and where (and how) i find the variables

- Need formula for acceleration from a velocity-time graph and where (and how) i find the variables

Last but not least

- Need formula for average velocity from a velocity-time graph and where (and how) i find the variables

2. Relevant equations
    - This is what I'm trying to find

3. The attempt at a solution
    I've read through my notes many times but they seem too sporadic and unorganized so i plan on re-doing the notes based on this post

thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2008 #2

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

4. Jan 11, 2008 #3
    huge thanks, shooting start! i'll let you know how it goes.. ill be spending a while on there...

ps i got the first 2 questions done correctly (i hope) sofar ... hopefully this page will make the rest a little clearer

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook