Proving Independence: Probability Theory of A and B in a Simple Proof"

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
FrogPad
Messages
801
Reaction score
0
If A and B are independent, prove that [itex]\bar A[/itex], [itex]\bar B[/itex] are independent.

Could someone help me start this. It's due tomorrow. I managed to prove that [itex]\bar A [/tex] is independent with [itex]B[/itex] and that [itex]\bar B[/itex] is independent with [itex]A[/itex], but I can't get the last one (the question I put above). Just a little nudge would be good. I've been going in circles trying stuff, from De Morgans law, to every identity I can think of.<br /> <br /> Thanks[/itex]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What are you using as the definition that A and B are independent?
 
jing said:
What are you using as the definition that A and B are independent?
For A and B being independent,
P[AB]=P[A]P