Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pspice simulation problem

1. Sep 13, 2008 #1

Ald

I have a simple circuit 2v supply R and Diode in Pspice that I'm trying to run a simulation on. I get the following message.

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

I have no idea what the other program is they are referring to. When I choose 'Switch To' button my Vista Start menu comes up.

The Pspice forum doesn't seem to be too active, does anyone know of a more helpful Pspice forum.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Why does it say "Server Busy"? Are you running the program locally, or over a network? Looks to be a server or license server issue.

4. Sep 15, 2008 #3

Ald

I'm running a Student version of Pspice locally. It was running okay.

5. Sep 15, 2008 #4

berkeman

I did a quick google search on +pspice +"server busy", and got a few hits that seemed to imply there may be some time limit or something on some versions of PSpice. Is your version maybe an evaluation version, rather than a full Student Edition? If you look in the Help section under licensing or limitations, does it talk about a time limit?

6. Sep 15, 2008 #5

Ald

The SW is a demo version, best I can tell no time limited. It is crippled in terms of number parts that can be configured.

7. Sep 15, 2008 #6

berkeman

I did a bit of googling, and it looks like Cadence/Orcad no longer offers a demo/student version? There are other places on the Internet where you can download "free" demo versions, but my impression is that they are left-over from old versions, and not supported now.

There are other free SPICE simulators available, if that is an option for you.

8. Sep 15, 2008 #7

Ald

Thanks for your time and effort, but I have to use PSpice, it's for a class. I'll look around and see if one of the older version will do the job for me. Thanks again.

9. Sep 16, 2008 #8

Ald

Can you aim to one of the older free versions, thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?