Pulley system -- Calculate the mass that balances this pulley system

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
FFTB
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Calculate the mass of mB that makes the system to be in equilibrium. Neglect the possible friction
Relevant Equations
Sin cos tan
pulley.png

I've been stuck at this pulley system for a while.
I've calculated the force of which A pulls => FA = sin25*50*9.82 = 208.5 N
But I get stuck on the free body diagram.
Can someone help and explain the freebody diagram
uträkning.png
 
Attachments
  • pulley.png
    pulley.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 193
Physics news on Phys.org
Your work looks ok except for ##m_B=T##. What have you missed out?
As a matter of style, learn to work entirely symbolically, only plugging in numbers at the end. It has many advantages.
In the present case, you could have avoided some arithmetic since g would cancel.