Pursue a Physics Career in US: Salaries Up to $100K

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Black Integra
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
I am a high school student and planning to study in physics-> Quantum -> QFT//Standard model. Physics career in my country, Thailand, is very unexpected because of its very low salary;5,000-10,000 US dollars per years. While in US, it's up to 100,000 dollars.

I don't really mean to specify on united states. I want to know if there are other places that are very good for quantum physics career. Or should I go to Germany, or china or something?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you want to do with that degree? Keep in mind you're talking about things you'd study at the graduate level, but first you just need to earn a bachelors degree in physics. Not all jobs in physics pay that well, especially in theoretical work.