1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Mechanics Textbook Suggestion

1. Jul 18, 2011 #1
    I'm currently on the searching for a Quantum Mechanics textbook. Does anybody have suggestions for me? Below is a brief description of myself to explain my education level:

I am a thrid year mechanical engineering major. I'm about to complete Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach by Randall D. Knight. I have only studied the introductory topics of one dimensional quantum mechanics and some atomic structure concepts. Additionally, I have a good grasp on special relativity. My math experience includes single variable calculus, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and introductory differential equations.

I am hoping to find a textbook that is very comphrensive, a little above my skill level, and well written.

Thanks for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2011 #2
  4. Jul 19, 2011 #3
    The OP has only taken, so I gather, a calculus based general physics course. I don't know if it's a good idea to jump straight into a proper QM book. But who knows. You can borrow the books from the library and see if they are what you want first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook