Queries in ACESS (QBE) : Can we use more than 3 Tables?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
7,908
Reaction score
13,226

Homework Statement


I am trying a query on a relational database. No two (related)tables have all the variables/attributes I need. I am trying to do the query on 3 tables.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


Doing a query on 3 tables, I am getting redundancy. No idea what else to do.[/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to give us more information, such as: what are the contents of the tables and what do you want the query to answer.
 
Thanks, so in principle it is possible to query more than two databases ? Do we need any pair or any n-ple of databases to be related?
 
WWGD said:
Thanks, so in principle it is possible to query more than two databases ? Do we need any pair or any n-ple of databases to be related?
Yes. In Access terminology the data are contained in tables while a database contains tables, queries, forms etc. The only requirement for multi-table queries is a field that can be used to link tables pairwise.