Velocity of 400 kg block pulled by pulley with 300 kg mass on 30° ramp

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
recreated
Messages
45
Reaction score
1
Figure Q3 shows a connected system arrangement.

• The block of mass 400 kg is released from rest in the position shown,
• it pulls the 300 kg mass up the ramp of angle 30o.
• the coefficient of kinetic friction between the 300 kg mass and the ramp is 0.5

Determine the velocity of the 400 kg block when it has descended 6 m.



Please explain your answer if you give me one, and try and be sure it's correct or atleast tell me if you are not confident enough about it. I have been through soo many exsamples from 3 dif. books and I can not understand them enough to apply what I learn, probably doesn't help that they're all written by W.bolton :). And also can someone tell me that W.Bolton's books are extremely complicated so I can feel smart again?










Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • 800l0517GiS.jpg
    800l0517GiS.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 468
Physics news on Phys.org
Homework forum policy is to show an attempt at a solution (as shown by #3 in bold font)

Always start by free body diagrams. You should already know this.