Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about wave stability of a Multi-Level H-bridge Inverter

1. Oct 6, 2014 #1
    I'm doing research with my professor on H-Bridge Power Inverters, I noticed that the more load we put on the device the better the wave looked (by better I mean cleaner, not as much noise). By ohm's law the current should be falling; would this not happen only if the current were rising?

I know there is a very basic principle that is the cause of this, but after spending several hours working it through I can't seem to remember what it is.

Much obliged...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2014 #2
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I would expect by Ohm's law that when your put a heavier load on a circuit, the current would increase. Can you explain your reasoning of why it should decrease?

Can you describe the output waveform of your inverter? Is it PWM, stepped sinewave, sinewave or what? Where does the noise appear, at step transitions? A photo of an oscilloscope screen would help?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook