Question regarding Constant Current Modeling of Buck

In summary, constant current modeling of buck is a method used to analyze and design DC-DC converters, specifically buck converters. It involves creating mathematical models and simulations to determine the converter's performance and efficiency. This is important because it allows for precise design and troubleshooting of the converter. The main factors considered in constant current modeling include input and output parameters, as well as switching frequency and duty cycle. The accuracy of the results depends on the input parameters and complexity of the model, but with proper input and a well-developed model, the results can be very accurate. However, there are limitations to this method, such as assumptions made in the model and the complexity of the converter, which may not account for all real-world factors and extreme conditions.
Dextrine
Hello everyone,

I was reading this application note and I am having trouble understanding how a parallel RC circuit with ESR bring driven by a current source has a transfer function of 1-pole. When I do my math I get a pole and a zero.

I have attached an image of the claim that there's 1-pole as well as the link to the AN.

Thank you all very much.

http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/application-note/AN149fa.pdf (Page. 11)

Attachments

• CurrentModel.JPG
    CurrentModel.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 425
Engineering news on Phys.org
can you provide us with more info. what did you get for a transfer function. what did they get...

1. What is constant current modeling of buck?

Constant current modeling of buck is a method used to analyze and design DC-DC converters, specifically buck converters. It involves creating mathematical models and simulations of the converter's behavior to determine its performance and efficiency.

2. Why is constant current modeling important for buck converters?

Constant current modeling is important for buck converters because it allows for precise analysis and design of the converter, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. It also helps in identifying potential issues and troubleshooting problems.

3. What are the main factors considered in constant current modeling of buck?

The main factors considered in constant current modeling of buck include the converter's input and output voltage, current, and resistance, as well as the switching frequency and duty cycle of the converter.

4. How accurate are the results obtained from constant current modeling of buck?

The accuracy of the results obtained from constant current modeling of buck depends on the accuracy of the input parameters and the complexity of the model. Generally, with proper input and a well-developed model, the results can be very accurate.

5. Are there any limitations to constant current modeling of buck?

Constant current modeling of buck is limited by the assumptions made in the model and the complexity of the converter. It may not account for all real-world factors and may require further validation through experimentation. Additionally, it may not accurately predict the behavior of the converter under extreme conditions.