Random Photos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Point Conception
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Photos Random
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,945 replies · 278K views
morrobay said:
Evidently a Google scholar image search is required for this.
More like you need to be old enough to remember the Magic Eye craze of mid-nineties ;)

I just dug out my Turbo Pascal code written then for an article in Bajtek magazine and run it in DOSbox to make some new pictures.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
IMG_20221224_124552_1.jpg
IMG_20221226_114904.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rive and DennisN
A grocery store open early in the morning on Boxing Day.
(lucky for me, because I needed to buy things)

1 - Grocery store.jpg


A wet Christmas light bulb:

2 - Christmas light bulb.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, Point Conception and Rive
Sunrise on the Winter Solstice (21st December 2022) Hartshead Pike Ashton -under -Lyne England.
Screenshot_2022-12-28-17-56-31-16_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, collinsmark, DennisN and 5 others
Astranut said:
Sunrise on the Winter Solstice (21st December 2022) Hartshead Pike Ashton -under -Lyne England.
View attachment 319458
It's a beautiful photo in itself, but I think it's extra cool that there aren't any modern world items visible in it. I like that a lot. 🙂
 
Acrylic art by morrobay
IMG20221229073405.jpg
IMG_20221229_080153_1.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Astranut, pinball1970 and 3 others
DennisN said:
It's a beautiful photo in itself, but I think it's extra cool that there aren't any modern world items visible in it. I like that a lot. 🙂
Thank you Dennis. Modern day structures and people can often be a distraction in many photos.
 
Cappuccino in the neighborhood. What a surprise and contrast in the surroundings:
IMG_20221229_112730_1.jpg
IMG_20221229_112529.jpg
IMG_20221229_112035_1.jpg
IMG_20221229_112020.jpg
IMG_20221229_112000.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, berkeman and collinsmark
That's pretty impressive.

I usually make myself several cappuccinos per day, but I've never been able to successfully do the cappuccino/latte art (e.g., the leaf shape on the top). I've tried many times, but consistently fail. Mine always seem to come out as a small animal or plant crying in pain.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, berkeman and Borg
IMG20230101073334.jpg
IMG_20230101_152421.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rive, DennisN and BillTre
Aftermath of a firework explosion on New Year's Eve.
It's pretty fun that it looks a bit like a space photo. :smile:

DSC09772m1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, Point Conception, Bystander and 4 others
This creek was dry for almost a year long.

DSC00008.JPG

Now, it's supposed to be frozen (with snow all around, and animal tracks), like on this old photo:
2017-01-22_12-58-24.jpg

Well, still better than dry...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: epenguin, Point Conception, BillTre and 3 others
img_0084.jpg

"At least in New Zealand, we have a functioning legislature."
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, collinsmark, Point Conception and 1 other person
StevieTNZ said:
"At least in New Zealand, we have a functioning legislature."
In the U.S., we have a slow-moving train wreck.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Point Conception, collinsmark and BillTre
She took her self then sent me to line. The only way it could be linked is with screen shot
Screenshot_2023-01-08-20-03-56-99.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: hmmm27, berkeman, Point Conception and 2 others
Beautiful ^^. Russians on Jomtien Beach and color along Jomtien beach Rd.
IMG_20230112_124240_1.jpg
IMG_20230112_125035.jpg
IMG_20230112_124826.jpg
IMG_20230112_125416_1.jpg
IMG_20230112_124516_1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Islandgirl and DennisN
Special effects: flashlight on foto Jomtien beach about 3 years ago, unfortunately - So far...
IMG20230112191807.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Islandgirl and DennisN
The joy of a child.
1673482233202.png
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, collinsmark, Point Conception and 5 others
Seafood lunch with my massage girl in Naklua
IMG_20230116_144851.jpg
IMG_20230114_151944.jpg
IMG_20230116_144846.jpg
 
Same photo rotated 180 degrees. Which one is right-side up?

1673937490144.png


1673937506789.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, pinball1970, Point Conception and 3 others
Yeah, headlights are brighter in that one and the shrub on the right of that image doesn't look great on the bottom.
 
Yes the weed in the water is suspended in the air in the second shot

1673960570590.png
 
Interesting how we focus on different things. I don't think you could see the vehicle's roof in the reflection given the angle in the lower shot.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Borg
pinball1970 said:
Put us out of our misery @Ivan Seeking
The solution to this problem is left as an exercise for the student. :rolleyes:

I think you all mentioned everything I noticed.