Haven't posted in PF since last year!
I remember 2023 as if it was yesterday!

• Haha
Likes BillTre, Rive and pinball1970
Screenshot_20240102_182710_WhatsApp.jpg

• Wow
Likes Borg, pinball1970, fresh_42 and 1 other person
WWGD said:
Indeed. I would have preferred it inverted, as ##2^3+3^3+ 4^3+5^3+6^3+7^3+8^3+9^3=2024##
But we now know 2025 will be the last such year until 3025.

Wow, I was reading that bots constitute more than 2/3 of Internet traffick.

WWGD said:
Wow, I was reading that bots constitute more than 2/3 of Internet traffick.
With 2/3 of the content supposed to be 18+, we can conclude that those bots are just like people o0)

Feels like the disappearance of the world population would not make much of an impact.
I mean, apart from the missing new 18+ content...:doh:

Likes WWGD
One of my old schoolteachers passed yesterday, 91 so a good innings.

He took me for Human and social Biology, a very smart, nice guy with a dry sense of humour.

He also ferried us and our gear around doing music, this must have a been a right pain for him because his son played bass and I had my drums.

His car was not a big one!

A good man and a positive influence.

Likes WWGD, collinsmark, BillTre and 3 others
How does a prime minister of Poland end up with a first name 'Donald'? What's next, Thailand 's king Bruce?

WWGD said:
How does a prime minister of Poland end up with a first name 'Donald'? What's next, Thailand 's king Bruce?
I find it far scarier when someone else ends up with the first name 'Donald'. What's next? Scrooge?

fresh_42 said:
I find it far scarier when someone else ends up with the first name 'Donald'. What's next? Scrooge?
Well, ' Mickey' is not so bad. According to a song, he's so fine, he blows some girls' minds. Hey Mickey. Though ' Goofy' would be harder to pull off.

WWGD said:
Well, ' Mickey' is not so bad. According to a song, he's so fine, he blows some girls' minds. Hey Mickey. Though ' Goofy' would be harder to pull off.
I would have quoted Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, taxi scene) but that usually gets me into trouble.

Likes pinball1970
WWGD said:
The truth is even scarier:
Donald is a male first name. It is derived from the Celtic dumno (world) and dvalo (ruler/powerful).

Likes pinball1970
Got a couple inches of snow in my little town in Kansas. More to come Monday and Tuesday.

Likes collinsmark
dlgoff said:
Got a couple inches of snow in my little town in Kansas. More to come Monday and Tuesday.
Guess clicking your heels and saying " There's no place like home " three times didn't work?
Don't worry, I've officially run out of Kansas jokes.

• Haha
Likes dlgoff
My gallery is #$% stuck in " select items" mode, and I can't just select an item to view or modify, as any tapping automatically selects it.

WWGD said:
My gallery is #$% stuck in...

Shooting Gallery: Pull the trigger
Analog of some sort: Hit it up-side the head
Digital: Un-plug then start over
Somet'in else: Get drunk. At least the hangover will give you somet'in else to worry about

Good Luck!

Tom.G said:
Shooting Gallery: Pull the trigger
Analog of some sort: Hit it up-side the head
Digital: Un-plug then start over
Somet'in else: Get drunk. At least the hangover will give you somet'in else to worry about

Good Luck!
Sorry, the Gallery on my Android, containing the Screenshots, Downloads, Pics.

Wow, guy at the market asking me 50 questions about my credit card. If I had stolen a credit card, I would use it to get a large screen TV, not a $1.49 baguette, guy.

• Haha
Likes fresh_42
WWGD said:
Wow, guy at the market asking me 50 questions about my credit card. If I had stolen a credit card, I would use it to get a large screen TV, not a $1.49 baguette, guy.
Reminds me of a young officer at the customs. I had just crawled out of a plane after an eight-hour flight, stood more than an hour in line, and it was late afternoon. I was tired, p***** o** about the long queue at the only counter, and definitely longing for a cigarette.

"What are you doing in the US?"
"I'm gonna visit my sister."
"And tomorrow?"

What???

fresh_42 said:
Reminds me of a young officer at the customs. I had just crawled out of a plane after an eight-hour flight, stood more than an hour in line, and it was late afternoon. I was tired, p***** o** about the long queue at the only counter, and definitely longing for a cigarette.

"What are you doing in the US?"
"I'm gonna visit my sister."
"And tomorrow?"

What???
Yes, you run into the weirdos when you most need them, right?

Likes fresh_42
"I hope he feels better."

I always thought it was weird hospital staff always use this phrase with my dad (who gets admitted on average once a month .....3x in last 33 days already), until recently. I realized it doesn't make sense to say, "I hope he gets better." Some illnesses are terminal or simply cannot be cured. Saying that (or some equivalent) wouldn't be applicable to some patients and could even be offensive.

It's a small subtlety that I have finally come to appreciate and understand.

. . .Along those same hospital lines, I've noticed that:
a.) my hands get very dry and scratched up from the amt. of hand sanitizer dispenser use I do
b.) hospital remotes don't seem to be cleaned and are probably one of the dirtiest objects in a hospital.

I had a fun convo with my dad's nurse on new inventions and I proposed:
re: a.) automatic moisturizer dispensers (should be placed next to every hand sanitizer dispenser)
re: b.) voice activated TV remotes (the one I touched over New Year literally seemed to have pizza sauce and grease on it)

The coolest hospital gadget I've come to like is the Pure Wick urine suction machines. . . .Actually, there even exists a feces suction machine. A nurse told me about it, but I've never seen it and imagine it is very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
A few years ago I visited a neighbor who was in the hospital. Posted rather prominently in the room as a sign:

RECTAL
CATHETER

• Wow
Likes WWGD and pinball1970
Tom.G said:
A few years ago I visited a neighbor who was in the hospital. Posted rather prominently in the room as a sign:

RECTAL
CATHETER

There are suction devices that are catheter-based and ones that are "catch"-based (no insertion of tubing - usually some kind of external wrap or collection method).

The catheter-based suction machines are the worst! LOL. I honestly cannot imagine what'd be worse. A pee or poop suction catheter. Those orifices are not meant to have tubes shoved in them. ?:)

Luckily, there is a middle-ground and genius adaptation the nurses use. They can still use the suction machines, but instead of cathetering, they use a condom wrap that attaches to a tube (where stuff gets suctioned away) or some other "catch"-based device part.

While we're on this topic of gross hospital stuff, I also talked to another nurse about condom caths slipping off accidentally. She told me that while, yes, some do slip off on accident, a very, very common problem they deal with, too, is men purposely having them "slip" off. Apparently, some creepy men enjoy having the female nurses come in to have to put them back on. The record she told me was 10x in 1 night. The guy kept hitting the call button over and over. . .it's a tough job!

• Haha
Likes Tom.G
My confusion yet again. Burn Notice, not Burn Unit. No wonder the blank stares I was getting.

Well, Freddy wanted to ride his bicycle back then, but not sure why his store would remain open till now. But harsh to see his store on fire , though.

YouTube has made it easier to find put the name of that song you liked that you heard 10 years back. Except for a song that has whistling in it. " Do you know the name of the song ( whistle away)". And I'm unable to whistle to save my life too.

WWGD said:
YouTube has made it easier to find put the name of that song you liked that you heard 10 years back. Except for a song that has whistling in it. " Do you know the name of the song ( whistle away)". And I'm unable to whistle to save my life too.
Good that you don't live in Whistler Mountain.

run, duck, and cover ...

Likes BillTre
fresh_42 said:
Good that you don't live in Whistler Mountain.

run, duck, and cover ...
With Whistler's mother?

Likes BillTre
WWGD said:
With Whistler's mother?
I would have said with pikas, but the pun with their German name ('whistle bunnies') got lost in translation.

Last edited:
Likes BillTre
fresh_42 said:
I would have said with pikas, but the pun with their German name ('whistle bunnies') got lost in translation.
As long as their bicycle shops don't catch on fire...

Wonder if PF would be interested in obscure math/science/STEM jokes.
I heard one from a Statistician friend, who had to explain it to me:

" He's as phony as a 6x6 Greco-Latin square",
An impossible experimental design. I suspect even many Statisticians won't get it. I'm halfway one and didn't get it.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 6.25.49 PM.png

• Love
Likes pinball1970, Borg, OmCheeto and 3 others