Reading Body Language: Help for a 15-Year-Old

• Lingusitics
  • Thread starter Stratosphere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body Language
In summary: Say something like "I really like you, ~~~~~~~. I hope you don't mind if I say this, but you're really pretty and I think you would be a great girlfriend."

Stratosphere said:
Also a side question, do girls tend to like short hair of long hair on a guy? I have long hair, but lots of girls tend to like me.

Which part of the body are you talking about?

Science news on Phys.org

Women love long hair of course. :biggrin:

BobG said:
Which part of the body are you talking about?

*Ahem* He's only 15!

I actually have a friend who lives down the street a bought 10 houses over from the girls house. My friend is a drummer. I have played (music) over there once before, and we were so loud that everyone within a half a kilometer heard us. I am trying to get together to play some music with this kid again and hopefully she will her us and come over his house to see what’s going on. I don't play metal either so I think she might like it even if it would only be guitar and drums. Luck seems to on my side. Of course there’s no guarantee that she will come over it is highly likely she will take notice. The only reason no one called the cops on us when we were over there is because were kind of good:biggrin:.

BobG said:
Now comes the punchline. Using these simple instructions, construct an origami dollar heart with a quarter inside as a gift to her.

You used the words "simple instructions" deliberately, didn't you? (I admit, I laughed.)

Stratosphere, don't be a goon. Tell the girl that you like her if you do. Be prepared to tell her why you like her. Just about everything will hinge on that answer.

But don't play games, don't drag friends into it, (Hey, go tell Marcy I like, her okay? And find out if she likes me.) Don't do that. I know you're 15, but be straightforward, show her by the way you behave that you are kind, intelligent, generous, and fun to be around. That you're a decent person who'll treat her like a person. Be good to her and treat her as if she's someone you like.

Kurdt said:
Women love long hair of course. :biggrin:

:smile:

GeorginaS said:
You used the words "simple instructions" deliberately, didn't you? (I admit, I laughed.)

I found this one on Stumble a few days ago :

http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/shirt/

I've tried it with a 20 euros note but the collar wasn't so neat...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa gave you the best advice. Ask her a non-threatening (impersonal, general) question that will allow her to tell you something about herself. Most people will feel comfortable telling you a little something about themselves, and that's a great ice-breaker. If she becomes comfortable with you, she'll open up even more, and that's a good sign.

Women are like cats. If you don't stare them down (figuratively, with the women, of course) but use a non-threatening stance, they'll often end up approaching you because you have become part of their comfort zone. You don't have to act aloof, just come in with no expectations and be friendly. Often, that's all it takes. Remember that young women have some personal baggage and insecurities, just like you do. If you are accessible as a friend and cohort (just hanging around...) and are supportive, you will be WAY ahead of guys that act macho and pushy. When I was your age, I had a LOT of female friends and they were often playing match-maker. If things don't work out well with this young lady, you should still be her friend - it never hurts to have friends of the opposite sex. Good luck.

TeTeC said:
I found this one on Stumble a few days ago :

http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/shirt/

I've tried it with a 20 euros note but the collar wasn't so neat...
I wonder what reaction I'd get from the cashiers at stores if I paid for things with origami money? If we can find a few more of these, I could do a different pattern for each denomination of note. :biggrin: :smile: :devil:

turbo-1 said:
Women are like cats.
Have you been talking to my boyfriend? Every time I tell him something about my cat, he makes a comment along those lines. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Women and cats do as they please, and men and dogs just have to get used to it.

Math Is Hard said:
Women and cats do as they please, and men and dogs just have to get used to it.
Yes, ma'am.

Women are from Venus - men are from the dog-pound.

Stratosphere said:
I am in need of some help. I like a girl who I think likes me, however I can't seem to get to talk to her enough to actually try and read some body language. At the age of 15 I lack the experience to know how to approach such a situation. I have asked some other kids for advice who have dated before but of course they give horrible advice. The girl who I do like has a lot of other guys who like the way she looks and only that, I on the other hand have always kind of liked here before she started to look really good (I have read somewhere that usably the smarter the person the less and less looks matter). She sits next to me during my English class but I can't really find anything to say that might bring her attention to me, I had though of trying to come up with something that has to do with physics or astronomy but other course the common kid doesn't think of such things. I used to talk to her a lot in 8th grade (in 9th grade now) but that went away for some reason. I think that it might be important to note that she does look at me when I am turned away because I have good peripheral vision. Any advice that I could try out? I have 5 days left of school before summer vacation, if I plan on doing something I should try it now, I would hate to wait for next year.

How many posts have we had here at PF with the same exact question and the same exact points ... man , if she were infatuated with you ... you would know it , the sole fact here is that YOU LIKE HER , so you should go after her - be a man , she probably does not like you all that much .

GCT said:
man , if she were infatuated with you ... you would know it ,

This is a lie. Either men tend to be horrible at noticing that kind of thing, or women tend to be terrible at broadcasting it.

Office_Shredder said:
This is a lie. Either men tend to be horrible at noticing that kind of thing, or women tend to be terrible at broadcasting it.
I can tell quite well whether a woman is attracted to me or not most of the time. I only have trouble if I am particularly attracted to her myself. I second guess myself because I am worried that I am only interpreting their behavior in a way that I hope is correct instead of actually correct.