Recommend me a Book for Circuits I ?

In summary, the recommended book for Circuits I is "Linear and Nonlinear Circuits" by Leon O. Chua, which was originally written for a 3rd year class at Berkeley. The prerequisites for this course include an introductory circuits class, an electronics class on transistor circuits, linear algebra, differential equations, and linear signals and systems. The book itself is quite advanced and may not be suitable for beginners, but it offers a unique approach with a focus on graph frameworks and phase plane analysis. It may be helpful to provide a course description or syllabus to determine the best book for this class.
Donello
Hi,The recommended book by our electrical engineering department for Circuits I is :

Linear and Nonlinear Circuits ¹st Edition by Leon O . Chua /ISBN-13: 978-0070108981/What do you think are some different books about Circuits I ?

Physics news on Phys.org
What are the prerequisites for this course, and what are the class topics?

That book was an optional book for a 3rd year circuits class I took in the mid-1990s (I was not at Berkeley - although it was written for a 3rd year class there) so I am a little familiar with it. The prerequisites were our intro circuits class, an electronics class mostly on transistor circuits, linear algebra, differential equations, and linear signals and systems that included some complex analysis. I would say my background was just good enough for the book, but it was challenging. It is quite advanced, beginning with a graph framework for network descriptions and moving on to phase plane analysis of nonlinear systems. In some ways it is a beautiful book (I wish I had kept it), but I do not think it is the right book to learn the subject for the first time.

Jason

From your other posts I see that you are from Germany and this is for a first semester class, taken at the same time as calculus, first semester physics, etc. I am in the US - we move slower over here, so it may be difficult for me to judge what would work for you. In any case, the course description or syllabus would be helpful. Even if I do not know hte best book given the topics, others here will need the description in order to help.

jason

1. What are some good introductory books for Circuits I?

Some recommended books for Circuits I include "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles Alexander and Matthew Sadiku, "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by James A. Svoboda and Richard C. Dorf, and "Electric Circuits" by Nilsson and Riedel.

2. Are there any books that focus on hands-on learning for Circuits I?

Yes, "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk is a popular book that includes hands-on projects to help understand the concepts of Circuits I.

3. What book would you recommend for a more advanced understanding of Circuits I?

"Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith is a comprehensive and advanced book that covers both the fundamentals and more advanced topics in Circuits I.

4. Is there a book that includes real-world examples and applications of Circuits I?

"Electric Circuits and Signals" by Nassir H. Sabah is a book that not only covers the theory of Circuits I, but also includes real-world examples and applications to help understand the practical uses of circuits.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement a book for Circuits I?

Yes, websites such as Khan Academy and All About Circuits offer free online resources and tutorials that can supplement a book for Circuits I and provide additional practice and understanding of the subject.