Idea for a senior project related to renewable energy

In summary, the conversation is about a student thanking the forum owners for providing a platform to share ideas related to electronics. The student is seeking help in coming up with ideas for a senior project on renewable energy, specifically solar or wind power, with the goal of winning first prize. Other forum members suggest resources and offer to help refine the student's ideas. One suggestion is to explore the idea of using the Earth's rotation to generate electricity.
lebtech
dear members, i would like to thank the owners of this forum for giving us students the opportunity to share our ideas and thoughts about topics related to electronics.

i would like to help me pick up few thoughts or ideas for a senior project related to renewable energy such as solar or wind power. I am looking to get the first prize , so please show me the way to get a good idea to start with. thank you. kind regards.

Engineering news on Phys.org
lebtech,
Please, share your ideas with us and we can help you avoid landmines.

I found this, its a start

http://www.windstuff.org/building/build1/build1.php
http://www.continuo.com/sustainable%20living/windmill%2007/windmill.htm I think they have forums as well should cover all your basics of a senior design project, I'm sure they already gave you the outline, something like this

http://dijest.com/tools/pmworkbench/pmtemplates/pmoredocs/pmprocess.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
solar power seniors are not so special. i was thinking of something new and no one would think about. remember that I am looking to get the first prize.

If you are going to *earn* first prize, perhaps it should be your idea.
You can certainly bounce your ideas off of us and we can help you calibrate them.

the Earth has a magnetic field, correct? perhaps several coils of wire around the Earth in space would generate electricity due to the Earth's rotation.

1. What is a good idea for a senior project related to renewable energy?

One idea for a senior project related to renewable energy is to design and build a small-scale renewable energy system, such as a solar panel or wind turbine, and test its efficiency and effectiveness in generating clean energy.

2. How can I incorporate renewable energy into my school or community?

A senior project related to renewable energy could involve creating a proposal to implement renewable energy systems, such as solar panels or geothermal heating, in a local school or community building. This could include researching the costs, benefits, and feasibility of the project.

3. What are some ways to educate others about renewable energy through a senior project?

One idea is to create a presentation or educational materials that explain the importance of renewable energy and how it can be implemented in personal and community settings. This could also involve conducting experiments or demonstrations to showcase the science behind renewable energy.

4. Can I combine renewable energy with another subject for my senior project?

A senior project related to renewable energy can definitely be combined with another subject, such as engineering, environmental science, or economics. For example, one could design and build a renewable energy system while also analyzing its impact on the environment and calculating the cost savings compared to traditional energy sources.

5. How can I make my senior project related to renewable energy stand out?

To make your senior project stand out, you could focus on a unique aspect of renewable energy, such as exploring emerging technologies like tidal or wave energy, or investigating the potential for renewable energy in a specific location or community. You could also consider collaborating with local organizations or experts in the field to gain hands-on experience and make a real impact with your project.