which courses would you recommend a math major to take beyond the major requirements? I feel like 2 semesters in algebra, analysis, and topology are the basic necessities. Should I look at anything else? Any suggestions in applied maths?
Once someone gets algebra and analysis (the real stuff, not an introductory course) down, I suppose next are some topology (algebraic too!) ODE, and differential geometry. But if someone comes this far, the person surely knows what to do?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving