Relating excited state molecular emission to chemical reaction

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
rwooduk
Messages
757
Reaction score
59
.. reaction.

This may seem a nonsensicle question but I'll go ahead anyway.

Say if I have a process that has an emission spectra dominated by excited state molecular emission, can I relate this in any way to the amount / number of chemical reactions occurring?

Thanks for any help
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
You are right that is seems nonsensical. I'm not sure I understand the question. What you you mean by excited state molecular emission? All emission spectra reflect the molecule transitioning from an electronic excited state back to the ground state. Also, it's unclear what chemical reaction are you talking about as you don't specify any of the reactants or products involved. Is there some example you had in mind?