• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Relationship (Pure+Applied+Bio) Math?

Main Question or Discussion Point

relationship (Pure+Applied+Bio) Math?!!

Pleas can you help me to know the relationship between the Pure, Applied and Bio Mathematics (Mathematical Biology) in a few words?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Pure math is math done as an end in itself and applied math is math done as an application to other sciences such as biology, physics, economy and so on.

I don't think your question can be answered sensibly in 'a few words': what is the context of your asking?

Thank you for your Answers and I appreciate it very much

and I am so sorry for my inattention unintentional

ok... can I change the question: relationship between Biomathematics and Femtosecond?!! and DEs and Femtosecond ?!!

I know that there is a relationship between the Femtosecond and Chemistry ... but I donot know the relationship with BioMathematics ?!!!

sorry again

Thank you

Last edited:

I am now curious of this relationship between the femtosecond and biomathematics. :)

me to :)

When I read I found that the "Femtosecond Laser" is used instead of Microkeratome in LASIK Surgery ... and that is a good relationship between "Femtosecond and Biomedicine.

and I Found that:

second > picosecond > femtosecond > attoseconds > zeptoseconds

But I could not linked it with math :(​

Femtosecond is a unit of time, nothing else. It cannot be 'linked' with maths. I don't think anyone is really sure what you're asking.

What is it you want to know? Why are you asking?

I know it is linked with chemistry but I wanted to know its relationship with math

sory if my question was annoying

but I learned a lot from your answers and hints and I enjoy it

Thank you

The femtosecond is not "linked" to any branch of science or study. It is simply 0.000000000000001 seconds. A "femtosecond laser" is a laser that emits pulses that each last a few femtoseconds. It is no different than a laser that has microsecond pulses or hour long pulses.