Remmendation of book for a freshman

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter jwxie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Freshman
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jwxie
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Hi. I am a freshman in college. I am planning to do double major: computer engineering and physics.

I used to spend a lot of times thinking about physics, and how to derivatie mathematics formulas.

I need some recommendations of physics books that will allow me to expand my horizon in physics. As of now, I am taking calculus-based physics (I). So there is not a lot that I can read.

My goal is learn more about the classical physics through reading. Textbooks are not enough for me.

I'd like to read about stories, and analysis.

Any advice?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not quite sure what you mean by "stories, and analysis", but it sounds like the first volume of the Feynman lectures could be good for you.